Whether you're walking through a particular season of life and need guidance in that area, are seeking a book that will foster spiritual growth, or are just looking for a good book to read, we've assembled lists of resources that have impacted the leadership of our church and our pursuit of being and making disciples of Jesus.
While inclusion in the lists below does not function as an endorsement of every statement or idea in each book, we whole-heartedly recommend the following books to you for your growth and joy in Jesus.
If we only had one recommendation, this would be it! The Bible is the written Word of God to us and being "ruled by God's Word" is one of the core values of our church. Need help knowing how to read the Bible, or don't know where to start? We have linked a few pages to help you get started.
FOR THE SEEKER
Not yet a follower of Jesus, but seeking to explore faith in God? These books are for you.
God has greatly used these books in the lives of the leadership of River Church to grow them as disciples of Jesus.
- Safe in the Arms of God By John McArthur
- A Grief Observed By C.S. Lewis
- How Long, O Lord?: Reflections on Suffering and Evil By D.A. Carson
MARRIAGE & FAMILY
- This Momentary Marriage By John Piper
- When Sinners Say "I Do" By Dave Harvey
- Loving Your Wife as Christ Loved the Church By Larry McCall
- God, Marriage, and Family By Andreas Kostenberger
- Intentional Parenting By Thad Thompson
- Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches By Rachel Jankovic
- Fit to Burst By Rachel Jankovic
- Glimpses of Grace By Gloria Furman
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full By Gloria Furman
- Lies Women Believe And the Truth That Sets Them Free By Nancy Demoss
- Disciplines of a Godly Woman By Barbara Hughes
- A Woman and Her God By Beth Moore
- Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance By Beth Moore
- So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us By Beth Moore